VP, Business Intelligence
VP, Business Intelligence
General Job Summary: The BI Reporting Manager effectively oversees projects or BI analysts that support the selection, justification and interpretation of the business data. He or she works with customers regarding business needs, translating those needs into analytics, measures and reporting requirements, and interacting with customer and Data Management team members to develop customer-focused solutions.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities: List specific tasks associated with performing this job.
• Works closely with business and functional personnel to evaluate business drivers, technology and reporting requirements,
• Acts as a primary point of contact with the customer on behalf of the application development organization
• Supervises systems analysis and design in the development, implementation and documentation of various in-house and/or on-site client based customized software programs
• Oversees business intelligence solutions, and provides documentation and training. Solutions may include dashboards, scorecards, KPIs, and reports.
• Provides technical expertise in data analysis, SQL and QlikView
• Oversees the design and implementation of processes and procedures both US & Global
• Involved in the analysis of significant line of business and/or programs/process
• Supports and has input into BI strategy and procedures both long and short term
• Oversees the preparation of standard reports & dashboards as required. Act as a liaison to coordinate collection of information and to resolve issues/problems. Analyzes variances prior to distribution to Senior Management ensuring that results are accurate. Responds to various inquiries regarding information contained in reports
• Conducts special projects and prepares various analyzes as requested
• Provides input regarding changes to work procedures/systems to improve efficiencies and accurate reporting of financial data
• Performs other duties as required such ad hoc reporting and executive analysis
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: necessary to perform this job
• Demonstrates high level of initiative/confidence to create new projects and efficient procedures
• 10+ years of experience in providing business intelligence and analytics solutions
• 2+ years of experience with MS SQL databases, database reporting and analysis tools, applications and services
• 2+ years of experience with QlikView reporting and analysis tools
• Demonstrated experience with KPIs, business metrics and scorecards, writing queries and reports.
• Experienced in writing technical requirements and successfully communicating those requirements to the developers
• Ability to balance data needs, customer requirements, and timely solutions.
• Excellent written communication skills; able to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
• Excellent prioritization, planning, organization and follow-up skills, with attention to detail and the capacity to deal effectively with a diverse range of tasks and to work tight deadlines
• Experience and desire in working in a team environment where cooperation, flexibility and serving the customer, both internal and external is highly value